Friday, July 08, 2005

Crafty

You might want to skip this if you are a boy. Just wanted to tell you about a place I just found out about called MAKE. It is in Uptown, and it is a cool place where you can go to make stuff. You can use their lounge to do your own thing, or you can take various classes. There are a couple I really want to take...like one where you learn to do silk-screen, and another where you make a purse. There is a circle-skirt class, and some basic sewing classes, jewelry classes, cooking classes, and a class where you make your own dress-form. They have a retail area, so I am going to go check it out. I will let you know what I find out.
They have a website here: http://themakesite.com/
so check it out, and anyone who wants to go take a class with me, let me know.

3 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

what a cool place! i wish i could take some of those classes! how much do they cost?

Tara said...

the prices vary, depending on the class...it's listed on the website, also you can sign up for the email list.

Gye Greene said...

Umm -- why would boys want to skip this? ;) I took Home Ec. in middle school (although assigned, not chosen), and during the sewing component I made a shark stuffed pillow, and a red cooking apron for my dad -- which he still uses when he woks (it splatters!).

More boys should know how to sew! (Esp. cheap boys like me, that can't stand to throw out perfectly-good items... just need to sew up the hole in the pocket.)

--GG