Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Freakonomics

Yesterday I read a book called Freakonomics that I borrowed from LarryFeathers and I liked it. You might like it too. It introduces some interesting theories about the ways in which people operate and whatnot. It is a very easy book and I finished the whole thing in one day. I'm glad it is almost my birthday, because hopefully that means I'll get some new books. My local library has had slim pickins' lately. I tried to read a Jimmy Carter book from the library, but it was SO boring. And you all know how much I like Jimmy Carter. The other day I wandered around Borders to give Kev some quiet time to record, and I found about a dozen books I want to read. I wish Borders worked like the library. Oh well. Anyway, read Freakonomics if you would like to, and then we can discuss the radical ideas therein.
Kev has made another good song over the weekend. I don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you that it features the two of us with a kazoo duet, and it has a breakfast theme. Do any of you have a bass drum we could borrow for a couple hours?

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Books: I recommend The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (and Six Others), by Roald Dahl (same guy who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). A medium-length story, plus some short stories. Every once in a while I go back and re-read the "Henry Sugar" story.

Bass drum: Yep. But ya gotta come get it! ;)

--GG