Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Bad Day for the Bird

I was not the only one who had to deal with bird death yesterday. My friend Gordon hit a grackle with his car. And I heard that a bunch of birds down in Houston were attacking people for getting too close to their nests. Good bird news: Some builders out in California found a baby owl on their construction site, and they decided to build around it until it could safely be re-located.

I am hanging out with Albert the Dog today until time to go to my office. It is one of my favorite things to do. Albert is a good smart dog. He creates lift when there is drag. I think I will make him the Official Dog of the LRHS. Hmm...maybe that's what this blog needs...Official things.

THE LAZY RUSSIAN HORSES SHOW WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT:

Official Dog: Albert
Official tree: Japanese Maple
Official vegetable: Mushroom
Official minor league baseball player: Tim Rall
Official drink: Central Market Amaretto Coffee
Official bird: Yellow-bellied sapsucker
Official bird (flightless): Emperor Penguin
Official nemesis: Kay Bailey Hutchison
Official planet: Earth
Official mascot: Sock Monkey
Official vehicle: Hybrid car
Official vehicle (water): Canoe
Official theme song: Holidays are Nice
Official band: PPHPHB
Official Blog Motto: The LRHS is OK!
Official mission statement: To practice patience and tolerance, keep the positivity going, and try not to complain much.

Let me know if I am leaving anything out.

6 comments:

K. said...

Official backyard mammal: 'possum
Official dress: house pant
Official kryptonite #1: mustard
Official kryptonite #2: pickles
Official blanket: quillow
Official flower: daisy
Official restaurant: Nero's
Official pose: arms akimbo
Official cartoon: Samurai Jack
Official yell: "Panic Panic Panic!"
Official gesture: The Point
Official bird call: loon
Official brother: Larry Feathers
Official color: Tara Green
Official drink: Kahlua & Cream
Official husband: K.

Tara said...

I love audience participation! Thanks, O.H.

Gye Greene said...

Official food? Official soft drink? Official snack food?

Can you get industry sponsorship for any of this? But then you'd have to wear corporate logos in all your posted photos...

--GG

K. said...

Let me take a shot at these...

Official food: Chicken Marsala
Official soft drink: Canada Dry
Official snack food: nut medley
Official logo: squippie symbol (see 8 Jan 2005 post)

-K.

Tara said...

I would say that K. has a very good handle on the LRHS. I agree with his selections completely.

marty said...

Roscoe concedes and acknowledges his support of Albert as the official dog of The LRHS. He does seem a bit depressed today though. I explained to him he can still be the unofficial dog of The LRHS. SIDE NOTE ...got the pictures Thanks..