Wednesday, May 11, 2005

TV

Last night there was NOTHING on TV (Nova was a re-run) so I decided to watch the Amazing Race to see what all the hub-bub was about. I will tell you I didn't really like it. I was glad the nice couple won. They had a lot of class, paying their taxi driver and all. But those other people were horrible. They were so rude to all the taxi drivers! You don't just go into someone else's country and order them to hurry up so you can win a million dollars while they probably make about $20 a day. I was very lucky to visit Jamaica last year, and I had a driver named Dennis Miller. He was one of the coolest people I have ever met. He took us to the rain forest for a tubing trip down the river, which was really awesome, but I think the best part of the trip was just talking to Dennis about Jamaica and his life and politics and stuff. We asked him about Americans and he told us that he is often treated really poorly by American tourists and I was ashamed. So then I see these knuckleheads last night. I don't know. Have they been travelling all around the world on this show treating people like that? "Get out of my way! We're in a race! Why can't we have special priviliges...We're gonna win a million!" It just bothered me. I was so glad those red people lost...that guy was very coniving. And the blue people were so mean to each other! I liked the winners. Nice to see the good guys win for once. I was uncomfortable with the begging though. Anyway, I don't think I'll be watching that show again.

5 comments:

Robert_M said...

Outta my way monk, this temple is the next clue!

Tara said...

Yeah, exactly! So rude.

Gye Greene said...

Maybe when you travel, you can tell people that at least people fom **Texas** are nice...

Or, claim that the rude people that preceded you were Canadians. ;)

(But, that wouldn't be nice.)


--GG

marty said...

Never really watched but Kim and I have been told several times we would be good canidates for the show...not the rudeness but the diversity of our abilities

Tara said...

Marty - yeah, you guys would probably do well. And I know you would be MUCH more courteous. Kev and I could never do it. We'd wear each other out by day 3. Kev couldn't go that long without his guitar, and I couldn't go that long without my quillow.