Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Munster's House


On Christmas Eve last year, we tried to go bowling, but it was closed. So then we ended up driving to Rhinebeck NY, home of the Munster's house. Here it is. That was a fun day, plus it wasn't hot outside. Posted by Hello

UPDATE:

After doing a little searching on the internet, I have found pictures of the Munster's house that look nothing like this house, and I can not find anything connecting the Munsters to Rhinebeck NY. I am wondering if someone is pulling my leg.

UPDATE 2:

This house actually looks more like the Addam's family's house, but I still can find no connection to Rhinebeck. Maybe this Munster's thing is just something New York people like to tell us gullible southern folk. Let's get Tara! She'll believe anything! When I first met Kev, he showed me a picture he took of the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, and told me it was his parents' house. I believed him. I had no reason not to. Now there's this Munster's thing. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

3 comments:

K. said...

I wouldn't say all southern folk are gullible...mainly just you.

Nevertheless, this was not an elaborate scheme to fool you. I've heard from different people who live near Rhinebeck that there is some connection...maybe the TV house was modeled after this one, or something. I can't remember. Or maybe its just a local urban legend and I am the gullible one.

I'm pretty sure the real Munsters house was a Hollywood set, and the Addam's Family house was a matte painting.

-K.

marty said...

I believed those wiley Holt's too..now I shall join your search... I already have an email in here http://www.munstermansion.com/faq/
This is located in Texas so perhaps you could compare your picture with this replica to determine orginality.

john clarke said...

Indeed, there never was a Munster Mansion. What you saw on TV only existed as a Hollywood set. However, you can drive 35 miles south of Dallas and see the Munster Mansion. A couple of Munsters fans built a replica of the house in Waxahachie a few years ago. There was a story about their house in the Morning News a few years ago. They had to improvise some parts of the house that were never shown on T.V. I'm not sure if it has Grampa's basement.