Monday, May 30, 2005


Eastern Screech Owl 2 Posted by Hello

This morning I recevied Email from Kev's sister who lives on Long Island. She was writing to report an owl-sighting, as she knew I would be excited. She sent the two photos posted above, and a short movie of these two eastern screech owls which she and her husband saw early Memorial Day morning. To learn more about Eastern Screech Owls, go here: http://www.enature.com/fieldguide/showSpeciesIMG.asp?imageID=17542

You can click on the bird audio icon from there to hear what an Eastern Screech Owl sounds like.

I am very jealous, because I have never seen an owl except at the bird show or the zoo. I dream about owls all the time. I recently had a dream that Kev and I were camping, and we saw an owl, and I said "Kev! It's a REAL owl! It's not just a dream this time!" and then I woke up. Dangit.

Last night I had a dream that I found a "Magnificent Tulip Bird" which was blue in front, but had tulip-shaped markings on it's back, and walked around saying "tu-lip, tu-lip." Don't ask me why. I might be going a little crazy.

Anyway, a big shout out to Kim and Marty for sending the cool owl pictures!

3 comments:

The Hatleyman said...

I have never seen an owl in person. Those pics are great!

Thanks for also viewing my blog...

http://hatleyman.blogspot.com/

I would love for you to stop be and by and view the page again. I update once a week! Tell your friends! LOL

marty said...

It was a great day for bird sighting, I must admit I haven't really paid much attention but my backyard is a haven for birds... today a cardinal (male), woodpecker (species yet to be determined), bluejay,sparrows, a robin, and the owls... OWl update we also have two baby owls!!!! Kim n Roscoe spotted them on the ground searching for food, Roscoe got nose to nose with one of the lil ones (sorry no pic). Perhaps relatives have another reason to visit Long Island post the honey bee let down!!!

Robert_M said...

I dig owls fully