Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Believe it or Not...

I'm Walkin' on Air...

What is this Greatest American thing? Is this a new show? Are we supposed to vote? I saw something about it today, with a picture of OPRAH next to the headline! I will tell you right now that if Oprah so much as sniffs the top 100, I will make a lot of shock-value-with-no-real-truth-behind-it noise about moving to Canada. When there are people like Abe Lincoln and MLK and FDR and Ben Franklin and John James Audubon and Lewis and Clark, why oh why is there a photo of Oprah on the Greatest American story? Good Lord. Forgive me if she has nothing to do with it...I couldn't actually READ the story because my computer sucks and is very picky about anything requiring Flash-Media.

Kev and I are now the proud owners of my favorite tree, a Japanese Maple, which Bob brought over today. It is cool. I am not sure where we are going to put it though. I am more worried that we are going to kill it. As much as I have tried, I have not developed a green thumb. Thanks to Bob for the great tree. It is beautiful and I will do my best to keep it alive. As soon as we get it planted, I will post a photo.

I have an hour to kill before my next (and last) kid of the day. I am looking forward to going home. There are still a few days left of Kev's reign as Cooker, and I believe tonight we are having grilled pork skewers with peanut sauce. Delightful! This morning, Kev fixed my rearview mirror for me, so my Buick Hot-Rod is ready to roll. Kev does a lot of nice things and I appreciate him.

After a couple of weeks with no sightings, and I happy to report that my two Kestrels are back. They appear to be living under a side-wall overhang on the Ramada Inn, which is a very depressing-looking hotel and never seems to have any people staying in it. I have not seen any Kestrel babies thus far.

I know a family in which the two sons look like Beeker and Scooter from the Muppets and the dad looks like the very serious blue muppet eagle. The mom does not resemble any muppet. I miss the Muppet Show. It was great.

My brother assures me that the family with the 4 daughters named Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday and Brandi does exist. A lady from his work knows them personally, and she doesn't seem like the kind of lady who goes around making up stuff like that.

Well, I am out of material, and I still have about 50 minutes before Cameron gets here. Oh dear. I guess it's Free Cell time...

4 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

i am glad you like the tree, bob was pretty impressed with it.
it is prob pretty hard to kill a tree, just don't spray round up near it.

Gye Greene said...

YAY! Someone besides me remembers GAH. Used to be my favorite show; William Katt disappeared into the "where are they now" file.

They were showing it on cable for a while (right after Batman, and before Wonder Woman re-runs), so Old Roommate and I videotaped EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!!! But apparently they're now available on DVD...

"Operation Spoilsport" is my favorite episode: where these people come back from the dead to warn Ralph and Bill about an impending World War III.

You keep talking about processing kids. What-all is it that you do with them? (Photograph them? Dryclean them?) ;)

re: muppets. Had a friend in college nicknamed "Beek"; short for Beeker, as when he was excited he'd get all wiggly and his voice would get squeaky-beepy like that. And I used to do a pretty good "Sam the Eagle" impression.

re: out of material. Seamstresses, comedians, and bloggers all hate it when they run out of material. ;)

--GG

Tara said...

G.G. - funny, I barely remember the show excpet the theme song and the guys curly blond hair. I know I watched it, though. I am a speech therapist.

Gye Greene said...

Oh, I was a DEDICATED watcher when it was originally run. I'm a sucker for all them superhero-ish t.v. shows.

Remember in the late '70s or early '80s when there was a whole rash of E.S.P./Dungeons & Dragons-ish t.v. shows? "The Powers of Matthew Starr," "The Phoenix"

Plus, the non-cartoon "Spider-Man" t.v. show!!! Unfortunately, it showed at the exact same time as my Cub Scout meetings -- and this was pre-VCR. :(


Speech therapists are cool. My sister used to lisp a bit, but was trained out of it. (Also used to say "Mt. Reindeer" instead of "Mt. Rainier.")

--GG