Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday Skip Theory

This morning on the Ticket, the musers were discussing George Dunham's theory that skipping is a very efficient way to get from point A to point B, as it is faster than walking, but easier than jogging or running. Then they broadcasted a skipping exhibition in the parking lot of a bank in Plano, where they were appearing for this morning's show. They held three 40 yd races, each with a skipper versus a fast-walker. Each time, the skipper won, and exerted much less energy than the fast-walker. They also all commented on how it was impossible to feel sad while skipping. I am for transportation that promotes happiness! When I got to my parents house, I continued to think about this theory. I neede a drink of water, so I decided to skip to the kitchen and see what happened. George was right! I felt happy and got to the kitchen and back quickly and with little effort. And I am almost willing to bet that if one peson starts skipping around at the office, it will make others in the office feel happy too. If anyone tries this, let me know how it works out. Here are some people that could probably stand to incorporate a little skipping into their lives: Rush Limbaugh, Zell Miller, my mom, the mean guy from Belmont Garage, Noreen from Emeraldbile, and Judge Judy. These people probably already skip: Robert Smith, Morrissey, and Avery Johnson.

I stayed up late watching the Mavs again last night. What a great game. I think Avery Johnson has found the right strategy to use against Phoenix. But it kinda sucks when even with a 21 point lead, you worry about your team's ability to hang on. Steve Nash is awesome. He nearly came back and beat the Mavericks all by himself last night. Next game is Wednesday.

Our weekend was good. Sunday we grilled out. I am enjoying this pleasant weather. I'll be sad when the heat and mosquitos take over.

Time to go to work.

5 comments:

marty said...

What do u propose as an alternative for the skipping impaired?

Gye Greene said...

Skipping: I dig it!!! Kinda like the Segway, but more healthful (and far less expensive)!

Morrisey?: Ya think so? I'd put him more in the "needs to skip" category.

Robert Smith: The Cure guy? Likewise.

Always thought this would be a good slogan, if they were a jollier type of band: "Bad music is the problem. We're The Cure."

--GG

Gye Greene said...

Skipping is to be encouraged -- although it is not appropriate for everyone.

To skip, one must have a certain... lightness of sole.

--TG

Tara said...

Marty - Um...sashay?

GG - I think Robt Smith and Morrissey only pretend to be morose, but actually are quite skippy. In fact, I think I have seen them both do skip-like moves during concerts.

TG - I reckon skipping would not be appropriate for most World Leaders or people like Peter Jennings.

Gye Greene said...

Tara,


Good point -- though maybe Peter Jennings could "skip for charity"; I think people would pay money to see it.

The "sole"/"soul" was a pun, BTW. ;)


--TG