Tuesday, May 31, 2005


Castle: Front View Posted by Hello

Please compare my house to this new house which is being constructed in my neighborhood. It is a monstrosity. It has two turrets. I think they are currently working on the moat.
Teardowns are causing a lot of tension in my neighborhood. I agree there are a lot of run-down houses around here that need to go. But the new construction is awful...too big for the lots, too West Plano for the area, no trees, no yards, etc. What really ticks me off is the double standard. If I went to a gated community in Plano and tried to build a house that looks like mine, do you think they would allow it? Certainly not.

1 comment:

john clarke said...

It is truly disturbing. Half of the reason people live in Old East Dallas is because of the quaint neighborhoods. There's nothing wrong with living in Plano --- just don't bring the house with you if you choose to join us in the hood.


But if you live on my street, there's an upside to the McMansion. I welcome the McMansion when it takes the place of the cracky apartment complex, which has happened right behind me.