Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Cat Talk


Archie Posted by Hello

This morning on my walk I saw a cat who looked a lot like my cat Archie. Archie is a good fat cat that lives in a very nice home with a very nice lady who took him in because Kev was allergic to him. I think about Archie all the time and miss him a lot. I went to visit him a couple times, but it made me really sad. Plus Archie did not forgive me for the trauma of the move, and hissed at me while I was there. It was heart-breaking. It's OK though, because I know he likes his new home and is very well taken care of. I get a Christmas card from him and his new mom every year.
Recently, my cousin Ben was walking by a house under construction, and heard some squeaking. It turns out that some jack-ass had drywalled over a kitten that was trapped between two studs. Ben punched a whole in the drywall and rescued the kitten. Ben is a hero! Ben also plays the banjo and has an elaborate home-brew setup and knows how to make watermelon pigs. I shall post a picture.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Sad story about Archie. This is both Good and Bad for Kevin: Good, because clearly you love him more than the cat. (For some cat-lovers, coulda been a deal-breaker.) Bad, because now it's your secret "couples weapon": "But, I **did** get rid of the cat FOR YOU..." [sniff, sniff]

I have a similar half-joking thing w/ The Lady, re: "I moved to Australia for you..." But, it doesn't seem to gain me any extra guitars -- mostly 'cause she'd let me get them anyhow. (Not like I buy 'em willy-nilly...)

And, it's actually pretty neat-o here. It was either Brisbane, Australia or Buffalo, NY.


--GG